Ward 21 is divided into 2 separate areas and staff have the opportunity to work across both wards. Each area has its own distinctive specialty.
• 21a is a Ring -fenced Elective orthopaedic ward comprising of 13 beds
• 21b is an emergency surgical area, which takes patients directly from A+E, patients who come to the ward have a variety of surgical conditions. Gynaecology, Urology and general surgery are typical specialties admitted
There is extensive opportunity to gain knowledge and skills in the care of patients from a wide range of surgical specialties.
As a ward we pride ourselves on:
• Having an Orthopaedic Joint Replacement Rapid Recovery Programme.
• Being a centre of reference for the Joint Rapid Recovery Programme.
• Innovative in developing a patient journey App for patients and families.
• Being a supportive learning environment for staff and students.
• Inclusive Multidisciplinary working.
• Enabling patients to return home with minimal delay through Nurse Led Discharge.
• Working with our bereavement midwives in early pregnancy loss.
- Caroline Middleton, Senior Sister, Ward 21
Follow this link to return to the Ward Information Page.