|Salary||£37000 - £44000 per annum|
Stem Cell Transplant Nurse-London
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with one of London's oldest Hospitals, located in the heart of London, specialising in Medical and Surgical care. They have an available opportunity for an Oncology Nurse with excellent experience, skills and knowledge. If you think the position is right for you, let's talk.
The overall responsibility within this role is to work across the hospitals 12 bedded stem cell transplant unit where they treat acute leukaemia, lymphomas and other malignant haematology.
Reporting into the ward manager you will be responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care to patients using the Roper Logan and Tierney model. Part of your role will involve adopting a holistic and pro-active approach to patients with oncological/haematology care needs. You will work to ensure that drug administration and control is in accordance with legislative requirements and hospital regulations. Part of your role will involve administering chemotherapy to patients and you will also participate in the triage bleep holder system. You will comply and promote infection control standards and co-ordinate with other team members to ensure patients to be readmitted are rescheduled and booked according to procedure. You will act as a role model to junior members of staff participating in their training when required. Maintaining a safe environment for patients under your care will be part of your daily responsibilities along with any other ad hoc duties required by senior members of staff.
Qualification in Chemotherapy Administration from a recognised University
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
• Have experience of working in clinical oncology/haematology and Stem Cell transplant
• Have completed a chemotherapy course from a recognised university and have a good knowledge of cytotoxic drugs along with a good knowledge of oncology conditions, emergencies and end of life care.
• Have up to date knowledge of current chemotherapy protocols and drugs, as well as transplant related treatments, and the haematological Accreditation Standards.
• Be a caring and compassionate nurse with strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Have excellent communication skills and be a good team player
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Holiday entitlement
• GP services
• Life Assurance
• Season Ticket Loan
• Eye Test
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym Membership
• Continued professional development
If you are successful in securing this role you will also receive a starting bonus of £2,000
Apply now for a call back to discuss the role in more detail REF IND MAN
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.