No longer the preserve of large corporations, Wellness-at-Work programmes are increasingly being adopted by businesses of all shapes and sizes. Far from being a “fad”, these initiatives are proving to have a positive effect on employee well-being, the work environment, and even a company’s bottom line as productivity soars. With the boundaries between work and home becoming more and more blurred these days, it’s essential that employees feel cared for and supported in their roles.
Be fit, be well, be bright
At TTM Healthcare, our mantra reminds our employees that their welfare is at the heart of everything we do. Our Wellness-at-Work initiative was first launched company-wide across our UK and Irish offices in January 2017, getting our New Year off to an inspirational start. Since then, we’ve offered our employees some fantastic perks, and we’re seeing the positive effects!
- Smart water bottles – with clever markings to keep us on track throughout the day, these personalised water bottles encourage our employees to stay hydrated and functioning to their optimum.
- Healthy Tuesdays – a fresh fruit delivery arrives each Tuesday morning with lots of colourful, healthy choices to snack on throughout the week.
- Winning Wednesdays – at the high point of the week, we celebrate our weekly wins with breakfast for everyone – lots of delicious pastries, cookies and croissants.
- Yoga Sessions – total wellness includes mental, emotional and physical well-being, and yoga offers the perfect way to nurture each of these. Our yoga programme offers employees one hourly session each week on the company’s time.
- Fitbits – encouraging all our employees to stay active, we’ve provided everyone with their very own Fitbit to tune into their overall fitness level, sleep patterns, and calorie consumption. And we’re getting competitive with team challenges to get us all moving!
A little latitude
Flexible working arrangements are something we believe strongly in at TTM. We appreciate that our employees value, above all, a healthy work-life balance, and we endeavour to facilitate work-from-home options for those with children or long commutes. Studies show that a flexible work environment boosts overall job satisfaction, productivity and general well-being, which has a knock-on effect on our entire workplace.
The recruitment industry can often be a high-octane, pressurised environment, with weekly targets and deadlines to hit. Employees are continually being encouraged to achieve their potential, but that can take its toll. In order to ensure our employees can do that, we need to support them as much as possible.
Your next step
Preparing for your next interview? Don’t forget to ask if the company offers a wellness programmes for employees. Interested to join the team at TTM Healthcare? Contact us today to hear about our current career opportunities!
Evelyn Moriarty, Content Specialist
Evelyn Moriarty is a Content Specialist at TTM Healthcare, based in at our Irish headquarters. Joining the company in 2016, Evelyn specialises in both on and offline content creation for the health and social care market.
TTM Healthcare is a specialist health and care recruitment company established by Brian Crowley in Ennis, Co. Clare in 2002. Now recruiting highly skilled medical professionals from all over the world, TTM has offices in Ennis, Dublin and the UK. Selected as Ireland’s No 1 Healthcare Agency by the National Recruitment Federation, TTM is also the UK’s Recruiter Awards Public Sector Agency (2016) and Professional Services Agency of the Year (2016 & 2017), as well as a Gold Standard Deloitte Best Managed Company (2016 & 2017.)