PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position reports into the Project Director. The change and communication manager will work closely with the Project Director, Project sponsor, Steering committee and regional and national leaders in the regional and national offices to ensure the required business change is achieved in a straightforward and non-disruptive manner
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side change caused by projects and change efforts.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans – including communication plan, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Be an active and visible coach to executives leaders who are change sponsors.
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Work with communication, training, HR and OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organisational, facilitation, interpersonal and cross cultural skills
- Strong administrative skills and has an eye for details
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology or any relevant field
- Change Management Professional certification
- Knowledge of WVI Partnership People & Culture minimum standards and practices
- At least 5 years of work experience preferably with NGO