The purpose of the position is to provide quality leadership & management in the field of Assessment and Design (A&D), Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), and field Technical Support. This will ensure that all projects and programs achieve the greatest impact on the well-being of children. This will also help WV and its partners in the Papua New Guinea to achieve their objectives so that World Vision is seen as a partner of choice for Support Offices and Donor Agencies.
The purpose of the position is defined as follows:
- Strategic Planning & Alignment through quality assessment and design works.
- Develop and track a program quality strategy and annual plans.
- Networking for greater impact with relevant stakeholders and partners.
- Implementation of A&D, M&E systems and tools across World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG), ensuring all A&D, M&E functions occur across the various projects.
- Managing a pool of technical specialists that will support programs and projects.
- Programme Staff Capacity Building and Support.
- Ensures alignment with Regional Office on knowledge management and use of appropriate tools/systems (Horizon).
STRATEGIC THINKING & ALIGNMENT
- Lead the development of the Program Quality strategy and annual business plans for the country, ensuring alignment and application of WVI initiatives i.e. Child Well Being Targets (CWBTs) and World Vision’s development program approach.
- Integration of all projects and programs bringing a true holistic approach to development.
- Contribute to the Senior Management Team (SMT) for effective decisions related to Programme Quality.
- Overseeing Horizon (PMIS) Implementation for the new version of the system and any further releases.
- Encourage the full and appropriate expression of World Vision’s Christian identity. Participate in and lead devotional meetings, weekly chapel, annual staff retreat, annual Day of Prayer and other events.
- Ensure appropriate technical inputs and support in the field through proper work allocation/management of the technical team members.
REPRESENTATION & NETWORKING
- Ensure that WVPNG is represented at regional or Global World Vision Programme Quality related meetings.
- Represent WV at donor meetings, joint agency assessments and task forces, developing and maintaining good relationships
IMPLEMENTATION OF A&D, M&E SYSTEMS AND TOOLS ACROSS WVPNG
- Pay frequent visits to Area Program Offices and communities to monitor progress, support staff, resolve issues, meet partners (including community people).
- Build cooperation, team spirit, a supportive and learning environment in collaboration with all other departments.
- Ensure all baselines are carried out and Indicator Tracking Tables produced.
- Ensure all evaluations are carried out and reports produced.
- Manage all consultants related to A&D, M&E functions, including producing contracts and ensuring payment.
- Roll out various A&D, M&E methodologies across WVPNG including Most Significant Change and Community Based Monitoring
- Ensure monitoring of all project activities using the WVPNG monitoring tools and ITTs
- Contextualise and implement World Vision’s development program approach in all new and existing area program designs
- Ensure all projects have CWB Targets reflected in the logframe
- Develop and implement a system to plan and track all CWB Targets across programs nationally and report to the region
- Lead WVPNG in Horizon implementation including developing an implementation plan and organising training for staff on it’s implementation and national r roll-out.
PROGRAM STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING AND SUPPORT
- Provide effective supervision to the Area Program A&D, M&E Officers and support & mentor them for their work.
- Develop annual capacity building plans for A&D and M&E.
- Ensure all A&D, M&E Officers understand Learning and Evaluation with Accountability and Planning (LEAP) and what is required at east stage
- Plan and provide training on CWBO and CWB Targets to all program staff
- Ensure that the capacity of program staff is built on community engagement methods and PLA tools
- Ensure that the capacity of A&D/M&E Officers is built in order to roll out various A&D/M&E methodologies
TEAM AND STAFF MANAGEMENT
- Participate in the recruitment of required Program Quality team members
- Support the professional and personal development of the Program Quality team members through on the job coaching and via providing external or on-line training opportunities
- Hold regular Program Quality meetings for updating and planning by the team
- With People & Culture help role out competency development for World Vision’s development program approach.
- Ensure all team members have set annual objectives and review them twice a year
- Manage Program Quality Team members.
- Regularly liaise and coordinate PQ issues with the Operations Manager and Operations team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in development, social science or management. Masters preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including in English
- Relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong planning, organisational and project management skills and ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with national staff and a passion for capacity building, staff and organisational development.
- At least 5 years experience in program or project design, assessment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and report writing required.
- Experience in programming using a community empowerment approach.
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Lotus Notes or similar database email and Internet.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems persuade network and negotiate.