Permanent, FT - 37.5 hrs
Up to £29,608 per annum
Are you an experienced theatre practitioner/ Nurse looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to work for the NHS?
TTM have an exciting opportunity based in Kent…
TTM Healthcare is currently recruiting for experienced Theatre Practitioners to work in an outstanding state-of-the art hospital based in Kent. The role offers an exciting development of the traditional recovery approach and a chance to be part of an innovative development in perioperative patient care. Each ward is a single patient facility in which you will admit the patient, prepare them for surgery, recover them post operatively and discharge them home / transfer them to an ongoing area of care (such as a ward, ICU etc).
As a Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner, you will provide support to the team and provide direct patient care to both pre and post-operative patients:
Key duties will include:
- Responsibility for assessment, planning, provision, maintenance and evaluation of patient care for patients in the Medi-Room environment
- Identifying individual patient requirements and acting effectively on changing needs, liaising with and directing relevant staff
- To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentially is maintained at all times
- Give skilled support to medical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Administer drugs and treatments as prescribed in accordance with Trust Policies and Standard Operating Procedures. Demonstrates effective communication within departments and multidisciplinary team.
- Advise patients, their carers and other staff on the promotion of health and prevention of illness.
- Recognise situations that may be detrimental to the health and wellbeing of the individual and institutes preventative measures
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patient's condition or situation.
- To be able to act in emergency situations and to be familiar with emergency procedures including fire and resuscitation. To be responsible for the support and direction of junior staff in such situations according to Trust policy
You will be required to work full time hours which is 37.5 hours per week on day shifts or night shifts. The salary is up to £29,608 per annum depending on your experience plus NHS benefits.
To be considered for the role you must:
- Be a qualified Registered Nurse
- Have an active NMC PIN
- Have previous experience within this sector
If you are a Theatre Practitioner and would like to work towards working in the Theatre then this hospital can support you to do this. For further information about the job please contact Lois Kirby at TTM Healthcare.