Senior Staff Nurse
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with one of London's oldest Hospitals, located in the heart of London, specialising in Medical and Surgical care. They have an available opportunity for a Surgical Nurse with excellent experience, skills and knowledge. If you think the position is right for you, let's talk.
The overall responsibility within this role will be to work in their surgical ward covering pre and post operative care across gynaecology, HPB & Thoracic Surgery.
Working alongside the Unit Manager on the ward as a Senior Staff Nurse you will be responsible for ensuring the right standard of care is provided to all patients at all time. Your responsibility will cover all aspects of acute patient care. As a Senior member of staff you will be in charge of the shifts and supervise all junior members of staff on the ward and also deputising for the Sisters and Nurse Managers in their absence. Part of your role as a Senior Staff Nurse will involve bed planning and ensuring that you have enough staff on the ward at all times to adequately care for all of the patients on the ward at all times. You will have an innate ability to quickly identify any issues or concerns and act accordingly. You will also participate in ward rounds and assist medical staff with clinical procedures when required.
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
• Have extensive experience of working in a surgical ward along with at least 12months experience in a gynaecology setting
• Competency across IV, Phlebotomy and Cannulation along with competency in dealing with gynaecological issues
• Ability to work as part of a team and therefore be expected to be a good team leader and lead by example
• Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure is an essential part of the role along with good communication and computer skills
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Holiday entitlement
• GP services
• Life Assurance
• Season Ticket Loan
• Eye Test
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym Membership
• Continued professional development
Apply now for a call back to discuss the role in more detail
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.